Prayer Cube: Mealtime
The Original Mealtime Prayer Cube enables your family to slow down to give thanks; it is also a great way to teach positive prayer habits to the kids. It is also known as a “table grace die” perfect for remembering to say grace at the dinner table.
In today’s hectic environment, the simple acts that serve to center a family and cultivate gratefulness for the gifts we’re given seem to have fallen by the wayside. Now children of all ages can lead the family in prayer before each meal at home with the aid of one of our prayer cubes.
This Mealtime Prayer Cube teaches kids prayers that orient them toward gratefulness and openness to the gifts that God sends. Church communities and youth groups can welcome new members with a loaf of bread and a Mealtime Prayer Cube. Senior centers, hospices, retreat houses, and family restaurants can place a table grace die on each table. This is an enduring favorite, and makes a wonderful gift for helping teach kids the importance of gratitude and prayer as we eat the fruits of God’s earth.
Here are the six prayers:
1. Bless our food, dear God we pray, and bless us, too throughout this day. Keep us safe and close to you. Keep us just in all we do. Amen.
2. We thank you, Lord, for generous hearts, for sun and rainy weather. We thank you, Lord, for drink and food, and that we are together. Amen.
3. For life and food, for love and friends, for everything Thy Goodness sends, Almighty God, we thank Thee. Amen.
4. Thank you for the earth so sweet. Thank you for the food we eat. Thank you for the birds that sing. Thank you, God, for everything! Amen.
5. God, bless this food we are about to receive. Give bread to those who hunger, and hunger for charity and justice to us who have bread. Amen.
6. Bless us, O Lord, and these Thy gifts which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through Christ our Lord. Amen.