For over 50 years, The New Oxford Annotated Bible has been one of the most trusted guides for students, scholars, and clergy. It covers a vast range of information due to its ecumenical range of experts; and features solid introductions, full annotations, informative essays on major topics, timelines and tables, maps and diagrams, an extensive glossary, and an overall index.
The New Oxford Annotated Bible, with twenty new essays and introductions and others--as well as annotations--fully revised, offers the reader flexibility for any learning style. Beginning with a specific passage or a significant concept, finding information for meditation, sermon preparation, or academic study is straightforward and intuitive.
- Fully revised and updated annotations to reflect the latest biblical scholarship
- Twenty new essays and introductions, including new essays on Time/Calendar and Languages of the Bible
- Introductions and extensive annotations for each Biblical book by acknowledged experts in the field provide context and guidance.
- Informative essays on major groups of biblical writings, ex. Pentateuch, Prophets, Gospels, and other sections
- General essays on history, translation matters, different canons in use today, and issues of daily life in biblical times inform the reader of important aspects of biblical study.
- Maps and diagrams within the text contextualize where events took place and how to understand them.
- Color maps, timelines, parallel texts, weights and measures, calendars, and other helpful tables help navigate the biblical world.
- Extensive glossary of technical terms demystifies the language of biblical scholarship.
- Index to study materials
- Thumb Index
- 9 point type
- Comes in a protective 2-pc. box
- Leather Bound