Following the Way of Jesus (Church's Teaching for a Changing World: Volume 6)
The New Church’s Teachings was one of the most recognizable and useful book series in the Episcopal Church. The books were a mainstay on seminarian and clergy bookshelves. With this launch of the Church’s Teachings for a Changing World series, two visionary Episcopal thinkers and church leaders team up to revitalize the currency, integrity, and scholarship of the original series with fresh new voices and style; concise and clear enough for newcomers, yet grounded and thoughtful enough for seminarians and leaders.
Michael Curry leads off this volume with a clarion call for Episcopalians to join the Jesus Movement. A team of the church's brightest stars follow up with reflections on the practice of ministry in light of the movement: Rob Wright on adaptive leadership, Broderick Greer on racial justice, Anthony Guillen on multicultural ministries, Megan Castellan on evangelism, Nora Gallagher on loving the earth, and Kellan Day on ministry with young people. Michael Curry closes with a word on making the world whole. Christians have been following Jesus together for some 2000 years - these leaders help to illuminate how we follow him in our time.
The series features nine books. The introductory book, The Episcopal Way (Volume 1), and a summary book, Companions on the Episcopal Way (Volume 9), with seven books in between which cover seven topics:
- Scripture - A Word to Live By (Volume 7)
- Church History - The Episcopal Story: Birth and Rebirth (Volume 2)
- Theology - A Faith for the Future (Volume 3)
- Ethics - Formed by Love (Volume 5)
- Contemporary Society -Church Meets World (Volume 4)
- Worship - Gathered for God (Volume 8)
- Practice of Ministry - Following the Way of Jesus (Volume 6)
- The next generation of the classic New Church’s Teaching Series
- Updated content and approach, compared to earlier New Church’s Teachings series, with emphasis on mission and applicability
- Jargon-free language
- Accessible and engaging for newcomers and adult learners; appropriate content for church leaders and seminarians
- Interactive study questions and exercises and accompanied by online materials
Download the study guide here.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed